Monday, October 24, 2016

Wk 3: EOC: Greatest Restaurant Experience.

Businesses want to be profitable and as a professional hospitality manager or owner, you will want to operate a profitable business. The vehicle businesses use to document and report their profits is called the income statement. (ch3, pg.63). My best experience with customer service in a restaurant, had to be when I was in my home town of Atlanta, Georgia. I was eating dinner with a lady friend of mine for her birthday at a restaurant called the sun dial. The restaurant revolves at a slow speed so that the city can be viewed in its entirety. I made reservations and when we arrived the valet was already waiting for me. I parked and we went to the receptionist desk. There I was called in so that my date and I could begin our evening.  We were served a meal that included soup, salad, appetizer, the main entrĂ©e and dessert. Also included was a bottle of wine and the staff waited on us hand and foot. They made our evening feel as if everything was all about us. The food was phenomenal and the service could not have been any better. I would definitely recommend The Sun Dial to anyone who is visiting the Atlanta area. I know from my own personal experience, this particular restaurants profit and loss is most likely more profit than loss. The way you treat your customers is everything from a consumer standpoint. Service with a smile is always important when dealing with hospitality. Treating the wrong customer bad can make or break a restaurant in certain instances. It affects every aspect greatly whether it be negative or positive. Profit and loss all depends on the customer service. Customer service ends and begins with good leadership. Poor leaders can destroy a reputation of a company in the blink of an eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment